Top food blogs

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jarkop (Fried meat and vegetables)


When I asked my husband how can he describe "Jarkop", he said "It's yummy!" :) well yeah it is! Also it is popular and loved dish among Uzbek people. "Jarkop" can be cooked with different meat, usually beef with some bones is preferable. As I tend to avoid eating red meat, I used poultry today. Whenever you plan to cook "Jarkop", it is rather to have fresh baked bread, usually "Obi non" or "Sutli patir". I love to soak bread in the juicy oil of "Jarkop", and enjoy it, mmm yummy!
Ingredients:
200 ml of oil
500 grams of meat or poultry, cut in medium, mouthful pieces
6 small or 3 medium sized onions, peeled and sliced
4 small or 2 big tomatoes, cut in small cubes
2 medium sized carrot, peeled and cubed
7-8 potatoes, peeled and cut in bigger cubes
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 tbsp of ground coriander
Salt to taste
Heat oil in thick bottomed pan. Put in meat and brown it well over high heat, if you're using poultry, then fry until nice golden in color. Add in onions, garlic and spices and fry until onions are transparent, add in carrots and tomatoes, fry until oil will start to separate out.
Add in potatoes, set the heat on medium and fry constantly stirring, if it seems that potatoes are sticking to the bottom, add in a small amount of water. At the end, add in salt and immediately serve with a fresh vegetable salad on side. Enjoy!
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it myself. Thank you for your recipes! I'm going to try some for my dad. He misses Uzbek food. I think I make it a bit too Americanized ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a chance and tried this recipe. It turned out awesome! I will be adding this to my list of dishes I make on the regular. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete