Top food blogs

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lochira (Tashkent flat bread)


"Lochira" is crunchy, flat and delicious bread, which goes very good with Uzbek soups. Usually it is baked in special "Tandir" as many other Uzbek breads, and while baking in hot "Tandir" it naturally has it's curves on sides. But as I don't have any access to "Tandir" I baked it in regular oven in tart shaped dish. In so called "Choyhona"s (tea house) people eat it with different sweets like "Holva", "Qand", "Novvot" or dried fruits and of course with a hot green or black tea:) I remember how my dad used to take me to that kind of tea houses, while he was meeting with his friends, I enjoyed sweet "Novvot choy" (tea with crystallized sugar)with "Lochira" prior to delicious meal so called "Qora osh" (Black pilav). I also remember how I admired birds in cages and tried to feed them with bread crumbs:) That was nice tea house with a small river where I caught little tadpoles. That was one of the nice childhood memoirs:)
Ingredients:
600 ml of full fat milk
50 gr butter
1.5 tbsp of salt
Plain flour as needed
1 egg
Black sesame seeds for sprinkling
Melt butter in warm milk, add in salt and mix well. Gradually add in flour to form nice tight dough. Cover it and let it rest for 20 min. After divide the dough in to 6 equal pieces.

Take one piece and cover the rest. Roll out the dough and place in to the tart dish, punch it with special "chakich" or a fork, brush with slightly beaten egg and sprinkle with seeds.

Bake in preheated oven until nice golden color. Take out and bake the rest pieces and enjoy this bread with a nice hot soup:)
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment