Top food blogs

Friday, August 6, 2010

Dimlama qovoq


I wrote that I am in love with a pumpkin! There is a plenty of recipes with pumpkin in Uzbek cuisine. Today I am posting one of my favorite - "Dimlama qovoq" - that is stewed pumpkin with a sour cream. You can serve it as a side dish or as a main, as you wish:)
Ingredients:
50 gr of oil
I use half of a medium sized pumpkin, just peel and cut in cubes
150 ml of sour cream
1 tbsp of sugar
Salt to taste
Fresh chopped coriander leaves
Heat the oil well and put all of the pumpkin. Fry on a high until pumpkin is light browned. Always stir carefully while frying. Now add in sugar ans salt, fry for another 5 min. Lower the heat, add in sour cream and 50 ml of water, close the lid and cook for 15- 20 min. Take from the heat and serve. You will see there a little soup like liquid, I usually serve it in small dishes, actually this soup is the best part:) You will love it! Oh, don't forget to sprinkle some fresh chopped coriander leaves!
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment