Top food blogs

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Qovoq somsa (Samusa with pumpkin)


I love pumpkin! I make different meals with this amazing vegetable and I love them all! "Qovoq somsa" is one of them:)
Ingredients:
I make the dough for this somsa as in recipe "Gushtli somsa"
300 gr of sweet pumpkin, cleaned from seeds and peeled, then cut in small cubes
2 onions, peeled and sliced
60 gr fat of lamb's tail, cut in small cubes
Salt to taste
1 tsp of pepper
1 tbsp of sugar if your pumpkin is not sweet enough
1 egg slightly beaten
For filling combine pumpkin, onions, salt, sugar and pepper. Mix well.
Make the same dough as in recipe "Ismaloqli somsa" After rolling small flat circles, put 1 tbsp of filling and 2-3 cubes of fat. Pinch it as you like or as you find easy.
I pinch in very different ways. For today I pinch it like a plait:)
Brush with egg and sprinkle some seeds. I sprinkle sesame as it goes good with pumpkin. Bake it in pre-heated oven in high heat until golden. Serve with some sour cream, as you will deep your "Qovoq somsa" in it and enjoy:)
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment