Top food blogs

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sutli Non (bread with milk)


I love baking bread on Sundays, it is pleasure, as u can enjoy the process:) It's hard to think about more appetizing smell than of baking bread. When you bite into the crisp crust and crumbly inside of a home made bread you will understand my feelings. Nothing compares to the taste of melting butter on a freshly baked hot bread.
It's pertinent to mention that bread is considered as sacred for uzbeks. We have saying that if you eat the crumbs of bread you will get blessings. Usually bread is baked on our so called "tandur"s, but I always bake them in my oven.
I have so many variates of bread recipes, you'll get them all:) For today I want to give you recipe of my milk bread.
For 4 medium sized bread you will need:
500 ml full fat milk
70gr butter
1.5 tbs salt
1 tbs sugar
2 tbs of instant dries yeast
Flour
Warm up the milk, add in butter, stir until bitter will melt. Add in sugar and salt, add yeast, stir finely. Add the flour and mix well to form a dough. Knead for about 10 min, until its smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl and leave to prove for about 2 hours.
Divide the dough in 4 pieces, and form a ball. Place on your baking sheet grazed with some oil, and shape your bread with your hands, just press the middle and shape the edges. Separately beat 1 egg, and brush it on your bread, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake it in the oven on a medium heat. Bake until golden color.
Take it from the oven and enjoy your hot freshly baked bread:)
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

3 comments:

  1. What should be the quantity of refined flour to be used in this non recipe ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What should be the quantity of refined flour to be used in this non recipe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naivedya, I do not measure the flour as I depend on my feelings, just add flour gradually and mix thoroughly at a time until you form not sticky but not hard dough.

      Delete