Top food blogs

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Shirchoy (tea with milk)


I remember my childhood, whenever I serve this kind of tea for the breakfast:) "Shirchoy" is tasty and nutritious beverage which is great when it is served as hot.
Ingredients:
Black tea (you can use leaves or tea bags)
300 gr water
300 gr milk
Small pinch of salt
Sugar to your taste
Put 2 tbsp of black tea (or two tea bags) in the pot. Pour boiling water on top. Wait 4-5 min. Then add in salt and sugar. Pour boiling milk on top. Stir well, and enjoy:)
I usually use my tea strainer, if I am using the leaves,  it helps me to enjoy my tea to the last drop:)
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

5 comments:

  1. WE DRINK THE SAME TEA BUT WITHOUT SUGAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parisa, that's even better-healthier:) But I prefer it with a little sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have mine without the milk please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your receipies my name is ayesha I'm from dubai we make this receipe in our country but we boil the tea milk and sugar and we add cardamom but we do not add the salt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayesha! Yes there are similar teas in other cultures with a little variation.

      Delete